Tuesday, May 3, 2011
TOP 10 MOM-APPROVED BRUNCH SPOTS
TripAtlas.com shares the best brunch places from around the world to take mom to this Mother’s Day
Like giving a box of chocolates or a dozen red roses for Valentine’s Day, nothing says “Happy Mother’s Day” like brunch with mom. But, if you really want to dazzle her – there’s nothing like adding a little international twist to the time-honoured brunch routine.
This Mother’s Day, TripAtlas.com, an essential online travel planning tool, would like to toast mothers everywhere by highlighting some of the world’s most fabulous brunch spots, turning the typical pastime into a fabulous jet-setting weekend getaway.
1. Peninsula New York, New York– For the mom with a passion for the out of the ordinary, the ‘city that never sleeps’ presents a sky-high, roof-deck party experience at the uber-luxurious Peninsula New York's Salon de Ning rooftop bar on the 23rd-floor terrace.
2. Le Scandinave Spa, Blue Mountains, Canada – Spoil her mind, body and soul this Mother’s Day by bringing a taste of Sweden to her. A Canadian best kept secret, Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain’s bistro supplier Café Chartreuse, offers an intimate place to unwind and dine for brunch, combined with the spa’s distinctive Swedish bath experience.
3. Andy's Flour Power Cafe & Bakery, Panama City Beach – Known as much for its location as it is for its whiz chef John Certo, Andy's Flour Power Cafe & Bakery is a favourite amongst locals for hand-crafted, in-house bakery goodies, such as: five types of bread (white, whole wheat, cinnamon, rye and his signature baguette loaf).
4. Jardin Nelson, Montreal, Canada – Located in an open air courtyard in the heart of Old Montreal, this brunch hotspot provides an atmosphere that can’t be beat - complete with a live jazz band playing while you sip on fresh fruit smoothies.
5. Mon Ami Gabi at Paris, Las Vegas– Offering one of the best patios in Las Vegas, Mon Ami Gabi is a take on a classic Parisian-style bistro in the middle of the very-American Las Vegas Strip.
6. Mildred’s Temple Kitchen, Toronto, Canada – The perfect way to say “I love you” this Mother’s Day, Toronto’s Liberty Village comes alive in the chic atmosphere of Mildred’s Temple Kitchen. A must for any mom searching for a taste of her childhood, this upmarket Toronto staple offers flavours straight out of gramma's recipe book.
7. The Hole in the Wall, Roatan - Not to be confused with the dive site, this Sunday brunch hangout is the most unique place to visit in Roatan, complete with five-minute row boat ride, interesting décor that could have been washed up on shore and all you can eat steak and lobster.
8. The Nimb Hotel at Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen – One of the newest places “to have yourself be seen” in Copenhagen, The Brasserie in The Nimb Hotel is known as one of Copenhagen’s hottest weekend brunch spots.
9. Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S. – Home to the world-renowned House of Blues Gospel Brunch, dining here has become a tradition amongst locals and passers by. The venue features live music from both local and national artists, as well as a southern-style buffet.
10. The Cove, Barbados - Recently named as having “one of the best chefs in the world,” The Cove and chef Laurel Ann Morely are considered a must-see, neighbourhood favourite for Sunday brunch.
This list was compiled based on a compilation of experiences chosen by TripAtlas.com. For more information, visit www.TripAtlas.com.